When I started blogging back in 2009, I had no idea what Alexa rank is and how to improve it.
As time passed, I kept learning various aspects of Blogging and came to know that Alexa is like talk of the town in blog-o-sphere.
As being a new blogger, it was comparatively tough to attain a good Alexa rank for my blog, but as my Blogging experience kept improving, my Alexa rank also started touching new heights.
In this article, you will learn:
- What is Alexa Rank?
- Why Alexa rank is important?
- and Finally, How to improve Alexa rank?
What is Alexa Rank?
Alexa.com ranks website on the basis of traffic they get. Not all the traffic, but only from those users who have Alexa toolbar installed in their browser.
What does it mean is, if you are getting traffic from Alexa toolbar users, your Alexa rank will keep improving day-by-day.
Alexa.com is a product/service of the giant of eCommerce business i.e Amazon.com. Although having a good Alexa rank doesn’t help you directly in any way, but still it have its own benefits. Let’s talk about them:
Why Alexa rank is important?
If you are into online marketing business, where you deal with several advertisers/ product owners then Alexa rank is very important for you.
Blogs with impressive Alexa rank attract the advertisers to spend money on your site to feature their service/product. Alexa rank below 50K can impress advertisers easily as it shows the quality of the site.
So, having a good Alexa rank help bloggers to make decent money from direct advertisements.
Except money, it also helps in various other ways like:
1. Backlinks: other bloggers will start linking to your site if you have great Alexa rank. It will generate more natural backlinks for you.
2. Popularity: it builds readers’ trust and you’ll become more popular in your niche.
3. Interviews: Novice or Amateur bloggers love to take and publish pro-bloggers’ interview on their blog so that they and their readers can learn some pro techniques from experts. So, if you have thrilling Alexa rank, get ready for incoming interview requests ????
PS: I got interviewed several times of various good authority blogs and also on National news channel NDTV. You may like to watch my interview video:
How to Improve Alexa Ranking?
- Claim your site on Alexa.com – Sign up for a free account on Alexa.com and submit your site there. This is the very first and baby step to improve your Alexa ranking.
- Install Alexa toolbar into your browser – The more Alexa toolbar users visit your blog, the better your ranking will be. You can’t decline this fact that you visit your blog more than any of your reader. So, why don’t you take advantage of your own visit ????
- Add Alexa widget to your blog – Alexa widget helps Alexa servers to better track the traffic. Add one in your blog and see a significant improvement in your rankings. It may not work overnight but something is better than nothing, right?
- Write Linkable and shareable content – The more useful content you’ll write for your blog readers, then more traffic and backlinks you’ll get. People will more likely to share your content across their social networks and finally it will help you in improving your Alexa rank fast.
- Drive traffic from Social Media sites – If you are connected with other bloggers on social media, chances will be higher that they all are using Alexa toolbar. The more traffic you’ll get from your blogger friends the better chances will be to get a noticeable ranking.
- Keep updating your blog with useful content and increase your returning visitors count – Trust me, returning visitors (Happy readers) help a lot to boost blog’s ranking. They are happy readers so they will share your content several times on their various social network profiles. You know how it will be beneficial for you. You know, right? Do let me know in the comments.
- Add videos inside your content – Post interesting videos in your blog posts and share them on your social profiles. People love videos. So, You’ll get great exposure and it will increase visit time of your blog and hence your Alexa rank will boost.
- Showcase your Alexa rank to your social media friends/ bloggers friends and link back to your blog. It attracts huge clicks and your ranking will keep improving day by day. See, how I did that on facebook and got 100+ likes and 400+ traffic.
So, these are the tips that will help you to improve your Alexa rank. I’ll keep updating this post for more helpful tips and strategies.
I highly recommend you to give some time in improving your blog’s Alexa ranking as it is important if you are a serious blogger and wants to generate money from direct advertisements.
If you liked this article, then kindly share it on your social profiles and help me to spread my words.
I would love to know from you, what’s the reason you want to achieve a better Alexa rank. Also, if you have any other tips/suggestions that work pretty well in improving Alexa ranking, then share it with me in the comment section and I’ll include that into my post.