Learn On Page SEO, SMO – Increase Organic and Viral Social Traffic
We all like to read only new and useful articles(related to our interests). So the very base of all traffic is usefulness and freshness. Useful contents are always shared the most and may goes viral. If you have not optimized your articles it won’t get expected traffic. Now a days on page optimization is the combination of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SMO(Social Media Optimization). Lot of website owners use the success formula for traffic.
Website Traffic = Quality Article + On page SEO & SMO + Quality Backlinks.
While researching I had found some blogs which had perfectly done the SEO and SMO. So I planned to confirm my analysis. So I contacted some of the admin and asked for their Google Analytics traffic report of one month. Unfortunately I have to buy from one admin and have permission only to display it without mentioning website name. I have analysed in depth about all the elements of that blog. They had done SEO and SMO very well, more over their blog is very attractive too. Using my research and experience I had found lot of factors that affect SEO as well as SMO in order to achieve high organic and social traffic.
On Page SEO
- Title of the page should be catchy, include top targeted keywords and should be less than 66 characters. Users will read your title and decide, whether to visit your page or not. So choose wisely.
- Meta Description is mandatory. Utilize this field to describe your article in not more than 150 characters. Adding keywords to description is not mandatory because Google recommends “write for users only, not for robots” . In Search engine as well as Social media, description is shown to users and about 40% of users will read description also before clicking a link. So write a perfect description that make curiosity or interested to learn.
- Think before you write, whether your article will be useful or not. Also keep the targeted users on mind while writing an article.
- Don’t care about keyword density, write for users and optimize for robots.
- Include synonyms and related keywords in your articles if possible. But don’t stuff any keywords, synonyms of keywords etc because humans are the readers and not the robots. Hint: LSI Keywords.
- Write small paragraphs with 2 to 5 sentences. Try to avoid long sentences because information should be easy to find or else users will be frustrated and less satisfied.
- Choose the best readable font and font size. Most of the website comes on top of Google has a readable font and a correct font size, not less or not more. Check out Readability
- Interlink your articles with relevant keywords as anchor text, if it is helpful for users.
- Don’t use your article main keywords to link another article from your article. Because if you do so your article is giving more priority to other article, so Google will also think like this and reduce ranking for the current article.
- Add external high quality relevant articles link using relevant keywords as anchor text, if it is useful for your website users. Limit the external links to a reasonable number depending upon the content length. But it should be not more than 10.
- Use nofollow rel attribute only to those which are paid/sponsored or affiliate links and low quality website links, if your article has to mention about it.
- Completeness matters a lot. “Incomplete details are like half-cooked food and no one would love such articles” – Harsh Agrawal, Shoutmeloud. As Google knows related keywords, Google can easily find out the completeness of the article.
- Be more open in all ways, Some of the cases are: If ads are placed on a page, provide a small text “Advertisement” or “Sponsored ads”. This will improves user experience and user will love your website too. You can also provide author details below each articles(Photo, Social profile links, Bio, etc). Providing admin details will help users to know more about the admin and they can get connected via social networking sites. By this way you are being more transparent to users, which users as well as Google will love.
- Consider your users as friends, by this you will become more dedicated and polite. This helps to improve the quality of your articles.
- Give suggestions and recommendations based on their interests.
Here are few articles that you should definitely read to understand On page SEO in details:
- 10 On Page Optimization Factors for SEO copywriting
- How to write perfect SEO optimized articles in WordPress
- How to use EasyWPSEO WordPress plugin for Keyword targeting
On Page SMO – Social media optimization
- Write click bait title & descriptions so that interested users can’t resist clicking on it.
- All users have less time to spend on your website and want to learn more in that time. So your web pages should be attractive and easy to grab information. Use sub headings, bold text(for important phrases or words), lists, relevant images, infographics(“An Image says 1000 words”), external resources or even videos of your own or from Youtube as long as these will help users to learn easily and in depth.
- If you are adding infographics, be creative, add watermark and keep embeddable code also.
- Use social sharing buttons of most popular social networking sites. Such as Facebook, Twitter, Google plus, etc. I recommend not to use nofollow attribute to these sharing buttons.
- Use social commenting form along with default commenting form.
- Be social. Reply to comments and clarify their doubts if they have. Be an active participant in social media, and build a community related to your business/niche there by your website authority will also be increased.
- Develop a comfort zone for users on your website and in social media. Appreciating their comments or visits will help to win users heart.
- Don’t force to do anything on your website. Give users their freedom on your website because everyone loves freedom.
Writing quality content is not the way to achieve huge traffic(organic & social). Instead perfectly optimizing the quality content for search engine and social media. Quality content is for users but optimization is done for search engines and social websites moreover user’s readability and learning experience will be improved.
If you are not following these tips to make most out of your quality content, you should start doing it from now on. You will not only notice a great increment in search engine traffic, but also traffic from social-media sites. Don’t forget to share this article on Facebook and Google plus.
This is a guest post by Rinoy from SEO Tips Videos. If you would like to write for ShoutMeLoud, check our submission guidelines.