Starting from the basics, we all are taught to connect and interact with people on social media platforms in order to boost engagement and build relationships.
While this is a good practice, but in platforms like Twitter, we often develop a mass of people we follow but they eventually donâ€™t follow us.
Having a lot of people who donâ€™t follow us is not a good sign as twitter only allows you to follow only 2000 accounts more than the number of users who follow you.
If you are tired of unfollowing those non-followers manually or removing fake and inactive twitter profiles from time to time, this post will demonstrate the top 5 twitter unfollow tools to mass unfollow non-followers.
Also read: The Unofficial Guide To Get More Twitter Followers This Year
Why Should You Unfollow on Twitter?
Unfollowing on twitter is most necessary when you are on it for a purpose. Here is why you are ethical when you unfollow twitter users:
- Unfollowing the non-followers will actually give you the chance to connect with more twitter users. This is because you cannot follow more than 2000 people following you. It means if you donâ€™t unfollow non-followers you are missing it out.
- You are always welcome to unfollow people who blast out tweets. This will help you lessen the clutter off your newsfeed.
- Unfollowing people not related or compatible with your business will make you have more time to concentrate with others who have enough opportunities for you.
Now let us see some of the tools that help you in the â€śunfollow clutter missionâ€ť
Circleboom is a social media account management web application focuses on Twitter account management.
Circleboom helps the users to strengthen and grow their Twitter accounts by providing a set of tools including follow tools, unfollow tools, RSS feeds module, scheduled posts module, and in-depth analytics.
With its mobile compatible design, follow and unfollow tasks are also very handy in mobile. And If you compare the prices with other rivals, circleboom has the ultimate best prices.
Circleboom has 4 main modules:
1. Smart Tweets module provides tools for connecting Blog or websiteâ€™s RSS feed to Twitter accounts and scheduling tweets.
2. Follow module helps the user to find new followers based on tastes, tags or other filters. Search on Twitter profiles including bio and tweets for the trends you’re interested in.
3. Unfollow module makes the user understand who are the fake/spam accounts, inactive ones, eggheads and too active accounts and shows the profiles which are not following you back
This module also provides a White-List submodule to prevent unwanted unfollow actions.
4. Analytics module provides some but not very technical stats about the account.
This is a very reputed tool and has been featured in top social media blogs like buffer.
ManageFlitter has also a unique feature that lets you unfollow the most talkative twitter accounts you follow. This will help you to keep your twitter account noise free and concentrate on important twitter news feed.
One of the coolest features of manageflitter is it shows you the number of Twitter user you have followed.
That means if you see @moz it shows you the serial number at which you followed moz since the starting of your account. Not a necessity but cool!
It has many other visual pleasures and filters you would love once you log in.
Socialbro is a very powerful Twitter tool that is a must keep in your social media toolbox.
Besides helping you to mass unfollow twitter users, Socialbro has a plethora of other functions like:
- Audience insights: Gives you powerful insights about your follower stats.
- Analyze competitor: It helps you to track the progress and efficiency of competitor twitter accounts by studying its changes in strategy, evolution with time etc.
- Collaborators: It handles the teammates that work in your twitter strategy. You can control which teammate has how much access to your specific twitter account.
Coming to unfollow tool of socialbro it has a pretty simple yet powerful interface.
Just login to socialbro with your twitter account. Go to the dashboard and click on the community option on the top bar. It displays all the users and many filters to show the unfollowers or people not following back.
Want to make your twitter profile clean and engaged?
Here is tweepi that has helped thousands of Twitter users to follow as well as unfollow inactive people.
Formerly flush, the new twitter not following back option of tweepi is fast, precise and displays the exact synchronized list of most recent twitter accounts. You can easily use this to unfollow twitter users for free.
They have a premium plan too for more advanced features, but as far as unfollow tools are considered the free plan is more than enough.
Crowdfire of Codigami Inc. had been formerly known as justunfollowers. This revamped name added more features to this free Twitter management app but the unfollowers feature is as it was.
You can get rid of twitter accounts that are not following you and thus can keep your account clean. Crowdfire has dedicated android and IOS apps to help you clean your twitter profiles on the go.
The only drawback of this tool is it allows unfollowing only 25 followers daily which is quite low and could be time-consuming when you want to use only the free version.
Over to you:
I think unfollowing the non-followers is wise and just because it will help our twitter profile not appear spammy.
Moreover, in order to appear authoritative, you need to follow only accounts that provide value. So use these tools to quickly unfollow your twitter followers that arenâ€™t contributing much.
Do tell us which tools you use to unfollow twitter users.